You’ve tried the full face mask.
You’ve tried the pillows mask.
Somehow, these masks just weren’t right for you. How about trying something in between the coverage of the full face mask and the slimness of the pillows mask? Take a look at the ResMed AirFit N10 nasal mask to see if this might be the perfect companion for your PAP therapy journey!
With masks of the For Him and For Her variety (see above for the For Him version and see the For Her version below), there will be a perfect nasal mask for every patient seeking the comfort and unobtrusiveness of the nasal mask.
A Closer Look
As you can see right off the bat, the unique under-eye frame allows patients to have a clear line of sight for uninterrupted daily routines – feel free to read, wear glasses, or move around without fearing the mask will be too tight or slip off. Your need to move around without the hindrance of a tight mask or uncomfortable straps on your face. Do not feel obligated to tolerate discomfort in your PAP therapy. If your discomfort persists and you cannot adjust your mask well enough to achieve some level of comfort, it might be time to switch to a different mask.
The N10 Nasal Mask even has slimmed down straps for increased comfort and less facial strain for a superior wearer experience. Another aspect of the mask that should be touched on is the presence of a SpringAirTM dual-wall cushion that gives an increased seal and comfort all throughout the night in order for a peak PAP therapy experience. Light and durable flexi-tubing in the frame permits patients’ full movement without losing a good seal, so patients do not have to worry at all about the mask slipping off or being too constricting.
EasyClick self-aligning SoftEdgeTM headgear clips are also a straightforward feature that makes this mask stand out is being so quick to take on or off. The magnetic clips allow for very great ease in taking the mask on and off and struggling to get a mask off your face will not be a challenge in your nightly routine anymore.
The weight of this N10 nasal mask will not even be an issue in your sleep either. At a weight of less than 3 ounces, you will not be weighed down at all with this mask during slumber. If you’re concerned about the noise that this mask might emit – do not worry. The N10 nasal mask contains venting that is circular diffused in order to keep exhalation air away from your partner and maintain a serene sleep environment.
With its small number of parts and key-clip connecting the cushion to frame, cleaning and reassembling are not a hassle at all and the immensely quiet environment of this N10 nasal mask will allow each patient an effective and comfortable PAP therapy experience each night.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]firstname.lastname@example.org[/highlight] if you have any additional questions about the ResMed AirFit N10 Nasal Mask! We are here to help you.
Need to Clean Your CPAP?
Don’t put it off until tomorrow. Procrastination and PAP Therapy do NOT go together.
- Make a schedule.
- Be consistent.
- Mild detergent only.
- Always air dry.
- No excuses!
How often do you forget to do something?
If you’re one of the many people who are just overwhelmed in the day and lose track of all the tasks you have to complete in a 24-hour period, take a gander at these tips listed above for the best ways to at least get your PAP therapy! We’ll elaborate on each of the steps below.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pencil-2″ wrap=”span”] Make a schedule.
Getting these cleaning tasks down on paper or a calendar will get you to a point where cleaning your equipment is like second nature. You won’t even wonder: “When do I clean my water chamber again? Oh, it’s my daily 7am activity to change out the distilled water and clean the chamber with mild detergent – it’s right there on my calendar.”
“Did I already wash my tubing with mild detergent and let it air dry? Oh, there’s that phone reminder to do that! Let me get to it.”
“Let me check what’s on my scheduler today – oh, I still need to wipe down my mask with a damp towel, submerge it in mild detergent and warm water, then wipe it with a clean towel and let it air-dry before I use my machine tonight.”
[wp-svg-icons icon=”signup” wrap=”span”] Be consistent.
Being consistent is one of the best things you can do for your PAP therapy to be effective. Effective results require a dedication to consistency that is the only way to achieve real progress! Think of an exercise program or new healthy lifestyle – you wouldn’t just exercise once a week, would you? It’s the same idea with your PAP therapy.
If you want to get better sleep, you have to keep up the therapy in order to get your body used to these pieces of equipment for the ultimate goal of more quality sleep, so consistency in your therapy is key to accomplishing your longterm goals of better health of yourself and happiness of those around you.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pushpin” wrap=”span”] Mild detergent only.
When you clean your equipment, using harsh soaps will deteriorate your gear at a much more rapid rate than necessary!
Only use mild detergents as recommended by the manufacturer and your gear will last as long as you are gently cleaning and taking care of it on a regular basis. If you are not sure if your detergent is mild enough, definitely do not hesitate to give your equipment manufacturer a call or even contact our respiratory therapists to ask for suggestions or advice.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”spinner-5″ wrap=”span”] Always air dry.
Setting your equipment in the sun is not a wise choice for longterm equipment usage.
The sunlight is usually to harsh for direct exposure with any of your PAP therapy equipment, so be sure to keep your equipment out of the sun when it needs to air dry and check on it periodically if there are windows in the room that might cast sunlight directly onto the drying equipment. While air-drying, be sure to also hang your tubing to ensure that all the excess water drains out.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”wink” wrap=”i”] No excuses.
No excuses for skipping out on your PAP therapy! Your CPAP wants you to use it, clean it, and get better sleep with it – is that such a tall order? Not at all. With your loved ones around you and Breathe Medical behind you, we know you can give the consistency and dedication for successful sleep apnea treatment.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]email@example.com[/highlight] if you have any additional questions about cleaning your equipment! We are here to help you.
The AirSense 10 CPAP Machine.
Not sure which machine to start with in your new sleep apnea treatment?
ResMed’s AirSense 10 CPAP is a solid introductory machine that shares the stability of all the AirSense line through advanced data integration allowing for 24/7 data tracking and patient monitoring. This data collection software is called myAir software allows everyone involved in the treatment (whether it’s the patient or the respiratory therapist) to be able to pinpoint any abnormalities during sleep. Besides the [highlight dark=”no”]software capabilities[/highlight] of the AirSense 10, the machine itself has been designed to be [highlight dark=”no”]easy-to-use[/highlight] and as [highlight dark=”no”]unobtrusive[/highlight] as possible.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”spinner-5″ wrap=”span”] No need to worry about dry air invading your system – the AirSense 10 is equipped with a humidifier integrated into the system for more streamlined temperature and humidity settings (including automatic climate control).
[wp-svg-icons icon=”laptop” wrap=”span”] Don’t worry about straining your neck to see the machine at night either – there is an angled LCD screen for easy bedside viewing and the machine’s ambient light sensor employs a backlight that won’t disturb you or your bed partner.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”volume-decrease” wrap=”span”] Will the machine’s noises cause you to stay up? Not at all. There is a Quiet Easy-Breathe(TM) motor in the AirSense 10 that allows for a peaceful sleeping environment. With Easy-Breathe devices being up to 90% quieter than any other PAP flow generators on the market, rest assured that your AirSense 10 CPAP machine will not be a disruption in the slightest.
To summarize, the key functions of the AirSense 10 CPAP are as follows: [tooltip title=”Initial low air pressure delivery leading into slumber and gradually increasing pressure to the prescribed level for each patient.”]AutoRamp with Sleep Onset Detection*[/tooltip], Climate Control with the option for Enhance Climate Control Auto, [tooltip title=”Decreases patient’s pressure during exhalation on breath-by-breath basis to promote comfort, therapy compliance and smoother breathing during treatment.”]Expiratory Pressure Relief*[/tooltip], [tooltip title=”Automatic device power-on by breathing into a mask and automatic shut-off when removing mask”]Smart Start*[/tooltip], and the built-in wireless connectivity with myAir.
*Hover over for further details on these features.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]firstname.lastname@example.org[/highlight] if you think this machine might be for you or if you have any questions at all! We are here to help you.
When you think of Valentine’s Day, what comes to mind?
Bouquets of expensive roses, chocolates stuffed into heart-shaped boxes, or overwhelming shades of red assaulting your eyes? That’s what might come to mind for most people, but how about we look at why you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day in the first place! Your special someone is the person you want to celebrate and let him or her know that they’re one of the most important people in your life. Besides giving them material gifts, why not give them one of the most invaluable gifts of all – quality sleep for a healthier life?
What’s more important than quality sleep and a healthy lifestyle?
[wp-svg-icons icon=”checkbox-checked” wrap=”span”] If you or your loved one has sleep apnea or you suspect someone might have it, the best gift for Valentine’s Day is to consult a medical professional for an initial sleep apnea diagnosis through a trusted sleep study. If tests show that they have mild to severe sleep apnea, you’ll be referred to a “DME” (accredited durable medical equipment provider) which is where Breathe Medical comes in. We’ll be one of the most important pillars in your support system throughout this sleep apnea treatment and we will guide you through [highlight dark=”no”]mask and machine selection[/highlight], [highlight dark=”no”]usage[/highlight], [highlight dark=”no”]upkeep[/highlight], and [highlight dark=”no”]compliance[/highlight].
It’s going to be your proactive self that initially seeks out help for sleep apnea, but with our team of dedicated patient care coordinators and respiratory therapists, you will be laying the strongest foundation for quality sleep to propel you into a healthier life where you’ll be with your loved one longer than if you ignored the signs of sleep apnea.
Beware: Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Consult your medical profession first if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Snoring, headaches, shortness of breath, abnormally dry mouth, mood swings or irritability, difficulty concentrating or memory loss, abnormal levels of fatigue (mental and physical), learning difficulties, or sexual dysfunction.
- Different people may exhibit different symptoms.
- The important thing is to seek treatment immediately.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”heart-2″ wrap=”span”]
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]email@example.com[/highlight] if you think sleep apnea might be affecting you or if you have any questions about PAP therapy supplies! We are here to help you.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”heart” wrap=”span”]
You’ve got yourself a new CPAP machine and now you want to know what the next steps are. You should be looking forward to joining their Connected Care platform and getting regular updates on your sleep apnea treatment.
Let’s get right to it and go through the steps to getting an account registered on ResMed’s myAir.
The following steps and screenshots will be your guide to [highlight dark=”no”]creating your myAir account[/highlight].
- Click through to https://myair.resmed.com and you should see the following page in order to click on “Create an account now”:[boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Fill in all the information in “About Me” before clicking Continue.[boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Input all of the information necessary in the “My Therapy” section according to your particular mask.[boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Select your personal mask and then click Continue after checking the “I consent…” box.[boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Fill out the details for the “My Health” section with your AHI from your sleep study, the time, and whether is was a home sleep study or lab.[boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Finally, you should see this image popping up after you’ve inputted all of your information. Your account is now active![boc_spacing height =”30px”] [boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Now, you will be able to see all of the information on your Dashboard whenever you log into myAir. You can review your progress, see what your score consists of, and visually see the number of you may have experienced the most recent night.[boc_spacing height=”30px”] [boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- There are many different categories and charts to look through. There are even coaching tips and videos to help patients maneuver their way through sleep apnea treatment progress. [boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height=”30px”]
- Each night, the myAir will collect data from each patient’s machine in order to calculate a score in the morning (out of 100) and you can see how well you did that night. You can even earn digital badges! [boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height =”30px”]
- Be sure to review your charts frequently to see the breakdown of each night’s score. [boc_spacing height=”30px”][boc_spacing height =”30px”]
- Finally, whenever you’re feeling a little stuck, take a look at the helpful videos on the myAir site to get yourself back on track. [boc_spacing height=”30px”] [boc_spacing height =”30px”]
[wp-svg-icons icon=”signup” wrap=”span”] Once you input all of your information into creating a myAir account, keep tracking your progress with it and your treatment might just improve right before your eyes.
If you have any concerns or questions at all, our respiratory therapists are ready to answer any questions!
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]firstname.lastname@example.org[/highlight] if you have any trouble with myAir or any other concerns! We are here to help you.
In an article entitled “Finances Not Primary Obstacle in CPAP Adherence” published on January 11, 2016, Neurology Advisor reports that money isn’t necessarily what is turning patients off sleep apnea treatment.
“Living in an unfavorable neighborhood is not an obstacle to CPAP treatment among symptomatic patients with severe obstructive sleep apnea under a copayment health care system…overall CPAP acceptance rate was relatively low, suggesting that obstacles other than finances are primarily responsible.”
The authors of the research cited in Neurology Advisor’s article point out that of 58% of the 695 participants with severe obstructive sleep apnea and excessive daytime sleepiness purchased a CPAP device and both participants from high-income and low-income neighborhoods accepted CPAP devices, though higher-income neighborhood inhabitants exhibited a slightly higher percentage of CPAP acquisition.
These findings suggest that at least at least 40% of the tested subjects with sleep apnea did not even take the initial step to try out the PAP therapy on the CPAP devices. This is not, in any way, a positive indicator of the proper steps for sleep apnea care that is effective with first time or experienced patients. Maybe those people that didn’t even look into CPAPs as a solution or they didn’t know where to start with There is always a chance that the process overwhelms them, but that’s why Breathe Medical is here to help. Our respiratory therapists are here to assist anyone trying to start or get through sleep apnea therapy successfully.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”spam” wrap=”span”] Whether or not you suspect that you have sleep apnea, consult your personal physician and see if you can qualify for a sleep study to determine if sleep apnea is really present. Next, if sleep apnea is present, contact Breathe Medical to have a dependable [tooltip title=”Durable Medical Equipment provider”]DME[/tooltip] for all the equipment and support you could need.
In an earlier Breathe Blog post, we mention that poor support system and mask or machine discomfort were the most prominent reasons sleep apnea treatment falls by the wayside. Nowhere do we mention finances as being a leading indicator of compliance or success. This is important to note because many people may be mistaken in thinking PAP therapy is costly and isn’t worth the financial investment. It is hard to put a price on one’s health, but getting the quality sleep you need to have a properly functioning body and mind is so vital to achieving your goals.
The quality of life you could have with restful sleep is invaluable.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]email@example.com[/highlight] if you think you need some extra support for starting sleep apnea therapy or if you have any questions at all! We are here to help you.
Have you ever thought about the CPAP machines behind the vital PAP Therapy?
One of the most vital pieces of sleep apnea treatment is the actual CPAP or BiPAP machine, so let’s take a deeper look into AirSense 10 Elite.
As part of ResMed line of AirSense 10 CPAPs, full connectivity and ability to monitor a patient’s progress wirelessly are fully present in the AirSense 10 Elite. One of the defining aspects of ResMed’s AirSense 10 Elite is the ability to recognize central sleep apnea and Cheyne-Stokes respiration in patients. Even if a patient doesn’t have any sort of central sleep apnea symptoms, this machine has full capabilities in line with the regular ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP machine to ease patients into a successful sleep apnea therapy.
As the night begins, a patient can expect to be lulled into restful sleep through the AirSense 10’s many features.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”checkmark-2″ wrap=”span”] Imagine starting your night off with the AutoRamp with Sleep Onset Detection feature to have initial low air pressure delivery with gradually increasing pressure for an easy transition for a night of quality slumber.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”checkmark-2″ wrap=”span”] Leading into higher pressures, Expiratory Pressure Relief feature (EPR – decreases a patient’s pressure during exhalation on breath-by-breath basis to promote comfort, therapy compliance and smoother breathing) kicks in to give more leeway to a patient’s personal breathing pattern as exhalation occurs.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”checkmark-2″ wrap=”i”] Throughout all of these breathing cycles, patients may worry getting an awful dry mouth. That concern is alleviated by the presence of a humidifier integrated into the system for more streamlined temperature and humidity settings. The automatic climate control and temperature settings can be enabled and configured for each particular patient’s preferences to get optimal temperature control.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”checkmark-2″ wrap=”span”] Finally, when you need the convenience of not having to physically turning on and off your machine every time you need to leave the bed SmartStart is one of the most convenient features. With SmartStart, this feature enables automatic device power-on by breathing into a mask and then automatic shut-off when the mask is removed.
In addition to excellent features, the components that make up the AirSense 10 Elite are also assembled to create a soothing sleep environment for anyone undergoing sleep apnea treatment.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”signup” wrap=”span”] Internally, the AirSense 10 Elite contains a quiet Easy-Breathe (TM) motor. Easy-Breathe devices are up to 90% quieter than any other PAP (positive airway pressure) flow generators.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”signup” wrap=”span”] Externally, there is an ambient light sensor for easier brightness adjustment with an angled LCD screen for easy bedside viewing by the patient at any time of night.
If you’re having any doubts about your current machine or CPAP, let us know.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]firstname.lastname@example.org[/highlight] if you think you need a machine upgrade to the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite or if you have any questions at all! We are here to help you.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][highlight dark=”yes”]How frequently do you replace your toothbrush? When it gets worn out or frayed, that’s when you know it’s time to get a new toothbrush, right?[/highlight]
As important as dental hygiene is, how well do you take care of your CPAP equipment? For patients undergoing sleep apnea treatment, the CPAP is the most vital tool in their arsenal. One of the best things you could do for your treatment to be effective both in the long-term and short-term is replace your CPAP supplies with the recommended replacement schedule. This CPAP device is in charge of helping put air into your body – why not take care of it to prevent it from malfunctioning?
Keep in mind that different CPAP parts wear out at different times, but the recommended replacement guidelines are as follows:
15 Days: replace your nasal cushions/pillows*
(* contingent on insurance)
1 Month: get a new mask cushion (or 2) and a new filter
3 Months: get a new mask, new tubing for your CPAP machine, and a new filter
6 Months: get a new mask, new tubing for your CPAP machine, new filter, new water chamber for your machine, and new headgear
Be sure to check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify for this recommend replacement schedule for your CPAP supplies. Different insurance providers may have different standards.
BEWARE: if you see any signs of holes, tears, leakages, or discoloration on or around your mask or other machine components, replace that item as soon as possible. Properly functioning parts will provide optimal treatment, so it’s in your best interest to keep your CPAP working as smoothly as possible.
Got headgear? Replace your headgear sooner than every six months if you experience over-stretching or when the elastic is obviously worn out. Do not keep tightening overstretched elastic – that will just provoke improperly-fitting masks and potential face strain.
Besides timely replacement for your CPAP gear, be sure to always maintain the cleanliness of your devices too. The life of a mask can depend on such factors as the amount of oils secreted by the skin, the frequency of mask cleaning, and how often you use the mask. It is best to follow guidelines in each new mask user kit and follow a constant cleaning routine as suggested by mask manufacturers in order to have a mask that functions and helps you breathe properly. Always be consistent in your mask cleaning and use the recommended gentle cleaning agents to prevent accelerated deteriorating of your mask.
For your prolonged health and quality sleep, be sure to consistently replace your CPAP supplies with the recommended schedule and your sleep apnea treatment will be effective!
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]email@example.com[/highlight] if you have any trouble with replacement or have any additional questions! We are here to help you. [/vc_column_text][boc_spacing][/vc_column][/vc_row]
In honor of the imminent Thanksgiving holiday, let’s jump straight into the reflective aspect of this season of thanks, with eight things we here at Breathe Medical are grateful for — one of which would be the eight years of business we’ve had the honor of building up, so far!
1) Being able to spread awareness, treatment, and awesome customer service to sleep apnea patients and their family or friends who have had to endure the consequences of sleep apnea (lethargy, depression, and hypertension – just to name a few that affect a significant number of the sleep apnea population).
2) Having the power to keep tabs on patients 24/7 with cloud technology software (myAir, AirView, and U-Sleep) that allows our respiratory therapists to have the most accurate reports on improvement or noncompliance with all of our patients.
3) Offering three of the best CPAP masks for quality, durability, and comfort on the market (ResMed’s AirFit N10, P10, and F10) in order to satisfy and effectively treat our patients and offer them viable, long-term solutions for their sleep apnea.
4) Growing a solid relationship with the sleep specialists and physicians in the California network in order to promote the best support structures for patients at each stage of sleep apnea diagnosis — whether it’s the initial titration or just a split-night study — we are ready to stand by our patients every step of the way.
5) Engaging patients with more severe respiratory ailments like COPD, cystic fibrosis, chronic bronchitis, and even asthma in long-term oxygen therapy or nebulizer therapy with our team of highly-dedicated respiratory therapists who know the value each of these portable machines can bring into the life of someone struggling to take the next breath.
6) Asserting the right to guide someone towards recognizing they have sleep apnea — whether it’s a constant snore, presence of hypertension, or even a large neck size — we believe that recognizing the symptoms and taking action to give someone the opportunity to improve their life is one of the intrinsic factors of why we strive to combat sleep apnea and will continue to do so with utmost dedication.
7) Treating everyone we meet, regardless of age or background, with the same high level of care and follow-up required to sustain the effectiveness of our CPAP, oxygen, or nebulizer therapy and with this high standard of care that we exhibit, we are elevating the standards or this sleep apnea treatment and forging a way to becoming the premier DME site for excellent care and treatment.
8) Seeing results and satisfied patients or family members of patients is simply one of the most fulfilling things in our business.
What could be better than being in the business of breathing?
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]firstname.lastname@example.org[/highlight] if you want to talk about PAP therapy options or anything else! We are here to help you.
There’s always some attrition that happens in all fields and circumstances – whether it’s a war of attrition in history or the rate of attrition in a difficult college major – but those that tough it out through the hardships are the ones that reap the most benefits. This is the same with personal health. How often do people quit exercising or fall off the bandwagon of eating healthy? Countless times.
The question we want to answer here is: [highlight dark=”no”]Why do some patients quit sleep apnea treatment?[/highlight]
The reasons may range, but some of the top justifications for therapy cessation are:
- Bad support system
- Discomfort from masks
- Discomfort from machine pressures
These are all things within a person’s control.
Breathe Medical acts as a foundation of support and perpetual encouragement, but if someone is not fully willing to adjust and persist through with their sleep apnea therapy, our support can only go so far. Even if someone knows that untreated sleep apnea can lead to dire circumstances – even to the extent of death – they may not be fully willing to go through each step of treatment and take the time to consult with their respiratory therapist or personal physician for support.
[highlight dark=”no”]What can be done to resolve these reasons for quitting?[/highlight]
#1: Potential solutions for a poor support system.
- When the support system of both a patient’s healthcare professionals team and personal family or friends are both positively affirming that the patient can be successful in sleep apnea treatment, the patient should have enough encouragement both inside and out of the home to keep treatment a top priority.
- If a patient explains to their loved ones how important it is for sleep apnea treatment to be consistent in order to be effective, those around them should be much more receptive and aware of how significant this treatment could lead to increased quality of life.
- Keep your personal physician and Breathe Medical in the loop of how the therapy is feeling and if there are any troubles that need to be addressed. They are the biggest cheerleaders and only want what’s best for patients.
#2: Discomfort from masks.
- If something is uncomfortable or unbearable, seek out your personal physician or a respiratory therapist at Breathe Medical as soon as possible.
- Something as minor as moving the mask a little bit lower on the face could solve persisting problems, but if that isn’t working, be sure to consult Breathe Medical.
- Take care to not tighten the elastic bands too much. Over-tightening the headgear may lead to facial strain.
#3: Discomfort from machine pressures.
- Talk to Breathe Medical’s respiratory therapists if a pressure might be too high or too low.
- Make sure to consult your personal physician for a confirmations of pressure changes.
- Humidity might play a role in nightly comfort, so consult Breathe Medical to see if there should be any tubing changes or humidity changes.
Don’t hesitate to contact Breathe Medical at [highlight dark=”no”](866) 535-2727[/highlight] or [highlight dark=”no”]email@example.com[/highlight] if you need any help getting better sleep or if you have any questions at all! We are here to help you.