Frequently Asked Questions
Sleep apnea is the most common sleep disorder affecting more than 18 million adults in the U.S. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep, sometimes hundreds of times during the night and often for a minute or longer.
The most common type, obstructive sleep apnea, causes snoring, shallow breathing and gasping for air. Sleep apnea needs to be treated for your safety!
Clinical studies have shown that treatment of sleep apnea can:
- Improve daytime energy and stamina
- Lower blood pressure
- Relieve excess stress on the heart and vascular system
- Reduce the potential risk for heart attack, stroke and heart disease
Sleep tests are covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare. Our friendly staff will help you check your insurance coverage.
Our 3 step CPAP process on getting you treated is easy. Our sleep therapists and CPAP success coordinators will work closely with you every step of the way.
- Once we receive your CPAP prescription and we verify your insurance benefits.
- We contact you to schedule your 1 on 1 appointment in your home with one of our sleep coaches to set you up with your CPAP equipment.
- Our respiratory therapists will be in close communication with you from the time your setup and on.
Our respiratory therapists come directly to your home to help you setup your CPAP machine. We also help you with the following:
- Provide a general overview of what CPAP treatment is all about
- Identify weak areas in your treatment that can be improved, such as mask size, correct pressure, humidification, and more
- Answer your CPAP questions
- Explain how to use your CPAP machine for maximum results
- Provide tips for better sleep
- Introduction into sleep solutions that can make your life easier, such as automatic CPAP machine cleaner
As a leader in the sleep and respiratory industries, we’re passionate about providing solutions that lead to healthier patients. Here are a few reasons why Breathe Medical is the right choice for you:
- Trusted by patients and doctors alike
- Learn to tolerate your CPAP treatment
- Find the right mask for your facial structure
- Improve your overall sleep therapy
- Get CPAP support you won’t find elsewhere
- Understand the risks related to CPAP therapy
- Discover the right pressure for restful sleep
- Explore easy ways to clean your CPAP machine
Please contact us through our contact page or call us directly at (866) 535-2727. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Our sleep therapists will give you their undivided attention for the duration of your session. Your sleep therapist has been trained to coach you in a professional, ethical and caring manner.
We will do our best to answer all the questions that you may have for us and aid you in the treatment process.
*Please note that we are unable to provide medical or legal advice. All our recommendations are to be taken as suggestions on doing well with the CPAP therapy, and you should always seek the medical advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for medical or health-related issues. This program should not be relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment.
In order to ensure that our sessions with you go well, please take note of the following:
- You are responsible for making and keeping your appointments, and for all payable fees.
- You should prepare any questions that you may have for us.
- You must give us 24 hours notice if an appointment has to be cancelled. If you do not select an alternative session time, your session(s) will be forfeited.
Breathe Medical takes patient confidentiality very seriously. All information that you share with us is kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any other purposes without your knowledge and consent other than to facilitate our discussions with you.
For more information on your privacy, please visit our HIPAA Privacy Note.
Although we strive to give you the best customer service, no one is perfect. There are times we might make a mistake.
If you ever do have a complaint, we ask that you please contact us before going elsewhere. We would like the opportunity to find a solution that will satisfy both parties, and see if there’s anything else we can do to help you.
To contact us about a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (866) 535-2727.
Please allow 24 to 72 hours to initially reply, and at least 3 weeks for a final decision as all complaints will be investigated.